What can you do with the bags and bags of candy corn from the 50% off post Halloween bin? Make turkey cupcakes of course! They’re not a traditional Thanksgiving dessert, but they sure are adorable and easy enough for the kids to assemble during the festivities, while everyone else is watching football!
- Your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, or box
- Yellow, orange or brown paper cupcake liners
- Chocolate frosting (homemade or store bought)
- Candy corn 8-10 pieces per cupcake
- Milk chocolate melting wafers or small mint cookies
- White chocolate chips
- Black decorator gel (black licorice was used in the photo)
- Ready to use chocolate decorator icing in a tube
- or a pastry bag with frosting
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Bake and frost your cupcakes.
- Use the chocolate frosting tube to attach the white chocolate chip eyes to the bottom of the chocolate wafer or cookie and set them on a piece of parchment paper.
- Do NOT add the black gels dots on the eyes yet.
- Stand the chocolate wafer or the head and eyes, into the center of the cupcake.
- Gently press it in place.
- Add a small black gel dot on the center of the white chip.
- Insert 6-8 candy corns pointed down, behind the head and along the back edge of the cupcake to make the feathers.
- Add one candy corn for the beak and you are done.