Need a last minute Halloween craft? Maybe it’s a quick make and take your after for your Halloween party? This cute mummy made from a recycled CD comes together in no time and the kids will just love it!
- Recycled CD or DVD
- 1 sheet white copy paper
- 1” wide strip of black construction paper
- 2 large googly eyes
- Glue stick
- White craft glue
- Brown water color paint
How to Make It:
- Cover the back of the black construction paper strip with the glue stick then press onto the upper third of the CD. Trim off the excess edges.
- Use white craft glue to attach the two googly eyes to the black paper strip.
- Tear white paper into strips. Use glue stick to cover the back of a strip, then press the strip onto the CD above the black paper. Repeat this step until the CD is covered, leaving some of the black paper showing with the eyes.
- Turn CD over and trim all the excess edges.
- Add about a ¼ teaspoon of water to a dish or paint palette. Get your paintbrush wet and dip it into the brown watercolor paint. Now dip the paintbrush into the water, diluting the paint quite a bit. You just want a little bit to tint the paper’s torn edges to make the mummy look old. Add a few drop of watered down paint to the torn edge and spread with your finger. Repeat until all edges are tinted.
- Let dry, then you can add a hanger if you like using ribbon, or glue some magnets on the back to hang on the fridge! You could even make a puppet or plant poke by gluing a paint stir stick or down to the back of the CD.