Small children love the festivities at Christmas, especially the lights and shiny glitter! Make these fun Christmas ornaments from recycled egg cartons, they’ll have such fun glittering them up with you.
- 3 cardboard egg cups
- 12” yarn
- 1 jingle bell
- Glitter paint in various colors
- Green acrylic craft paint
- White craft glue
How to Make It:
- Cut the egg cups apart and trim off the excess. Paint the cups green and let dry.
- When dry, paint the cups with green glitter paint and let dry.
- Use the handle end of a paintbrush to dab on a few different colors of glitter paint as lights and let dry.
- Poke a toothpick through the top of each egg cup.
- Fold yarn in half and tie a looped knot at the fold, insert the loop into the hole through the inside of the egg cup, the knot should stop it and hold it in place. Trim off one of the yarn tails.
- Thread the remaining yarn strand through the other two egg cups (using a toothpick to push the yarn through helps).
- Use a toothpick to poke the end of the yarn through the jingle bell and push the jingle bell up to the egg cups. Tie off with a knot and secure with some white craft glue.