Now here’s a patriotic project that works for all of the red, white and blue summer holidays and is versatile as well. This patriotic wreath was easy to pull together and it can be used as a wall hung wreath with the flags, without the flags and even as a centerpiece on a table!
To make this simple wreath you need just a few materials:
- Flags, size of your choice
- A garland or sprig of greens
- A wire wreath frame
- A garland of sparkling stars
- Wire cutters
- Floral wire
How to Make It
- Start with a sprig of greens. Cut it down to individual stems using a wire cutter and weave the stems into the wire wreath frame. To make sure they stay in place, use a little bit of floral wire.
- Add enough greens to really fill in the wire frame. You may be able to see that the greens wont’ make into a perfect circle…that’s OK; it just makes it look more interesting.
- Unwind the star garland and either wrap it around the entire frame or use the florist’s wire to attach it to the top of the wreath all the way around. Keep it loose and less structured. Then simply add the flags by weaving them through the back of the wire wreath frame or wiring them in place.
- For a centerpiece I set the wreath down in the middle of the table and added a glass bowl filled with sand and off white and white candles. I suppose red, white and blue candles would be nice in here as well! Add some star confetti to the table and you are ready for a party!
For more holiday ideas visit the Seasonal section of www.mattandshari.com!