Handmade items make unique and thoughtful gifts, and encouraging your children to make their own presents for loved ones creates a perfect opportunity for happy, shared family memories.
For tips on how to get the best results from your holiday crafting sessions, see Gifts Kids Can Make Themselves.
Here is a fun Christmas gift kids can make!
What you need:
- A clean white sock
- A colored sock
- Colored ribbon
- Rice or beans
- Orange felt
- A permanent black marker
- Small twigs
- Elastic bands
- Twist tie
- Glue gun
What you do:
- Turn your sock inside out and fill it with rice or beans, then close the top tightly with a twist tie, leaving enough space inside so that it is slightly floppy.
- Wrap an elastic band around the bottom half to form the bottom of your snowman then wrap another elastic band around the top to form the middle and the head.
- Using your marker draw a dotted ‘coal’ mouth and two eyes on your snowman’s face.
- Cut out a small carrot shape from your orange felt and glue it to your snowman’s face.
- Cut the top off of your colorful sock and knot one end to form your snowman’s hat.
- With your glue gun, glue the hat in place on the snowman’s head.
- Wrap a piece of colorful ribbon around your snowman’s neck and glue it in place.
- With your glue gun, affix buttons to the front of the snowman’s belly and two small twigs to his side to make arms.
This adorable little snowman will make a cherished holiday decoration for years to come!