- 2- 5” white Styrofoam discs
- 1- 3” white Styrofoam ball, cut in half
- 2 googly eyes
- Red and orange felt
- Brown craft paint
- 2 large buttons
- Hot glue gun
- Construction paper: green, brown, red, orange, yellow
- White craft glue
How to Make It:
- Paint the discs and the ball half with brown paint and set aside to dry.
- Cut red felt into a heart shape for the gobbler and the orange felt into a diamond for the beak.
- Cut out pairs of feathers from the construction paper. Have children use markers to write things they are thankful for on the feathers (family, toys, God, health, etc).
- Pair p the feathers by color, making sure the writing is on the outsides and glue together with white glue, insert a toothpick into the bottom of the feather pair and press together to secure.
- Glue the gobbler, beak and googly eyes to the half ball then hot glue the head to the body. Assemble the foam turkey by connecting the two discs with a toothpick and some glue.
- Kids can insert the feather picks into the top of the Styrofoam body, the words will be visible from the front and the back.