Mother’s Day is right around the corner. If you’re looking for a fun project to make with your kids, this is simple and produces quick results. Your kids will have a blast twirling the colors and create their own unique designs. Because glycerin soap from the microwave can be hot, it’s best that parents handle that part and allow the kids to do the swirling!
- White glycerin soap
- Soap dyes
- Glass measuring cup
- Butter knife
- Heart shaped candy mold
How to Make It:
- The glycerin soap package will have instructions for melting and pouring the product. For this project we melted one block of glycerin soap in the microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- Once soap is melted, add 1-2 drops of soap dye to achieve desired color, stir with a spoon.
- Pour soap slowly into heart shaped molds, filling just to the top.
- For a tie dyed or swirly effect, add one or two drops of dye to the soap in the mold and swirl with a toothpick.
- Repeat this process for other colors.
- Allow the soaps to harden for 45 minutes. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes then pop them out of the molds.
Ganz Parent Club Tip: Glycerin soap and soap dyes can be found at craft supply stores. Older kids can handle pouring the melted soap, but be sure they are wearing a kitchen glove or using a potholder. Parental supervision is recommended.