Thanksgiving is over and the Christmas baking season has begun! Some of my favorite childhood memories are of baking Christmas cookies with my mom. There are the traditional cut-out cookies, rolled cookies and bar cookies of course; but then there are those unique creations that make everyone say, “wow—can I get this recipe?”
These chocolate bonbon cookies are not only unique but they are fun to make and have lots of kid-friendly steps.
Get started making some fun Christmas baking memories with your kids this weekend!
- 1 bag (approx. 60) Hershey kisses (YOU choose the flavor!)- kids can help unwrap!
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- Wilton candy melts for decorating as desired.
- Soften Philadelphia cream cheese in microwave until completely smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between.
- Add cream cheese to melted chocolate and blend well.
- Add flour and stir into a thick dough consistency.
- Flatten about 1 tsp. of dough in your palm, place a kiss in the center and gently wrap the dough around the kiss until it is completely covered. (Kids will have so much fun hiding kisses inside these cookies!)
- Roll cookie into a ball and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove warm cookies from cookie sheet and place on parchment paper.
- Decorate with candy melts as desired. You can dip them in the melts and sprinkle with jimmies, or you can drizzle the cookies by putting melts in a zipper plastic bag and clipping a corner off.
Have fun being creative with your kids- let them help you decide what flavors to make, there are SO many fun seasonal kiss flavors out for Christmas right now (my favorite? Mint Truffle—YUM!) For more images and flavor suggestions visit the original Bonbon recipe post on Easy Baked.