Fall is almost here and the leaves will be changing colors soon. Celebrate the cool, crisp feeling that autumn brings and make these adorable finger puppets with your kids! Little fingers will be busy all afternoon with this project.
- Felt: maroon or red, orange, yellow and brown
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Black Sharpie
- Scrapbook paper or fabric
- Beads (optional)
How to Make It:
- Fold felt in half. Cut a simple leaf shape from the felt, making the top point of the leaf at the crease of the felt. Keep the crease intact.
- Run hot glue around the edges except for at the bottom opening. Press the felt together. When glue is cool, test the opening of the felt and see if it fits on your child’s finger. If not, trim straight across the bottom opening to widen it a little.
- Embellish the leaves by adding googly eyes, hair bows and bow ties cut from scrapbook paper or fabric, and using a Sharpie to draw on smiles and eyebrows.
- As an option, you can add beads as noses and/or to accentuate bows.