Nothing says autumn like a crisp freshly picked apple smothered in sweet caramel – Mmmmm!
There are hundreds (if not hundreds of thousands ) of caramel apple recipes floating around on the Internet, but our favorite is this unique Inside Out Caramel Apple.
It’s fun to make, lovely to serve and delicious to eat.
Thank you Ruthanne from EasyBaked.net for sharing this delicious fall treat!
- 12-16 medium apples
- 1 to 2 cups of 7-up
- 32 Kraft caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 can (14oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 6 oz. Dark Candy Cocoa Melts (I use Wiltons brand)
Note: these amounts will make more caramel sauce than you need – you can cut the ingredients in half, but then you will have 1/2 of a can of condensed milk left-??!! Why not save the extra caramel sauce to serve over ice cream?
How to Make It:
- Cut top off of apple, scoop out core and seeds with a melon baller
- Fill apple “cup” with 7-up and use a kitchen brush to coat edges and top with 7-up (this will prevent browning).
- Repeat process with all apples (re-use the 7-up if you want- just pour it from one cup to the next!)
- Make caramel sauce by adding caramels, condensed milk and margarine to a saucepan and stirring over medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe chocolate into apple cups, saving a little to drizzle on top.
- Spoon or pipe caramel (cool a little 1st if you decide to pipe this!) into apple cups over chocolate.
- Drizzle chocolate over top of caramel and serve warm and gooey- or chill and serve cold.