There’s just no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate and that is what makes this recipe so much fun!
Take an easy peanut butter cookie recipe (only 3 ingredients!), add a pretzel, some chocolate, a little creative sprinkling of jimmies and like magic you have the cutest little edible acorns ever. There are so many parts of this recipe that kids can help with that you can get the whole family involved in creating these fun treats! Here’s how:
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pretzel rods (medium sized)
- ½ bag (7 oz.) of Wilton Candy melts in dark chocolate
- Chocolate jimmies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make cookie dough by combining peanut butter, sugar and eggs.
- Using your hands, shape about 1 tablespoon of dough into a roll shape with one tapered end. The cookies will spread out and make a fun acorn shape this way! (for a picture of visit easybaked.net)
- Break the ends off of your pretzel rods (make them about ½ to 1 inch long) and gently press them into the un-tapered end of the cookie.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10- 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place them on parchment paper to cool.
- Melt candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave in 30-second increments (stir in between).
- Dip the top of each cookie (including the pretzel!) in chocolate. I used a spoon to make the line across the top even. Place on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with jimmies before the chocolate hardens.
These cookies make adorable decorations for each place setting on your Thanksgiving table and the whole family can prepare them together. Happy fall to you!