When you and the kids can turn a few items from the grocery store into holiday fun… it’s a magical moment! These reindeer cupcakes are really quite easy and the result is adorable enough to serve at any Christmas party whether it’s for kids, a church potluck, bake sale or a family gathering.
What you need:
- A batch of your favorite chocolate cupcakes
- chocolate icing, pretzels
- brown or red candy-coated chocolates (or red gumballs)
- white sugar candies or white chocolate chips
- melted chocolate chips
- microwave-safe bowl
What you do:
- Frost your cupcakes with the chocolate icing.
- Stick two white sugar candies or white chocolate chips, points down, in the middle of the top of the cupcake.
- Melt about 1 tbsp. of chocolate chips.
- Using the toothpick, dab on two brown eyes from the melted chocolate.
- Below the eyes, put a brown candy-coated chocolate. Or a red one or red gumball, if you’d like to make your reindeer extra festive!
- Stick two pretzels at the top of the cupcake, above the eyes. These are the antlers.
- If you like, use a little of the melted chocolate to draw on a mouth. You can use your toothpick for this.
- Make up a whole bunch of reindeer to pull Santa’s sled!
Parent Club Tip:
You can also make the eyes by drawing with a food color pen (as shown in the photo) on the white sugar candy.