The season provides you with everything you need to set the stage for this party with color, props and creative displays.
- Surround your entryway with cornstalks and add some around the party area as well.
- Haystacks make fabulous decor and can double as a bench.
- Combine fall leaves, apples, nuts, and gourds for a table runner.
- Potted mums add a splash of color too.
- Fill bushels with a variety apples.
- Tie cornstalks to the backs of table chairs.
- Tie gingham ribbon around canning jars for festive drinking glasses.
Harvest Party Games and Fun
- Give your guests straw hats and bandanas as they arrive.
- Roll a pumpkin relay race
- Bobbing for apples
- Race to fill a scarecrow
- Play penny in a haystack.
- Go on a hayride
- Photo party favors using the party decorations as props.
- Guess how many nuts are in a mason jar
- Kid-friendly face painting
- Paint gourds or mini pumpkins
- Wheel barrow races
- “Hot potato” with a pumpkin
- Play the Farmer In the Dell (younger kids)
- Make bird feeders to take home
Harvest Party Menu Ideas
- Apple cider donuts
- Pumpkin muffins
- Apple cider served in canning jars
- Apple cake
- Cookie cutter sandwiches shaped like pumpkins
- Fall colored cupcake liners filled with nuts and dried fruit
- Apples with a “healthier” caramel dip or other apple recipe
- Pumpkin roll
- Warm soup and grilled cheese