What you need: Cardstock, markers, printer paper, scissors, one-hole punch, ribbon or yarn
What you do:
- Cut the cardstock in half. Cut the printer paper in half.
- Put one piece of cardstock on top of the printer paper. This is the cover. Put the other piece of cardstock on the bottom of the pile of printer paper. This is the back cover.
- Punch several holes in the side and sew the book together with the ribbon or yarn.
- On each piece of printer paper, have your child write down one thing they’ll do for the recipient. Here are some great ideas to get you started:
- Help set the table.
- Help take care of (younger sibling’s name).
- Do my chores without being reminded.
- Wash the car.
- Wash the dishes each night for a week.
- Have your child decorate the cardstock cover with markers, stickers photos or any craft supplies you have on hand.
- When all of the decorations are dry, it’s time to wrap this very special homemade gift.