Christmas brings many treats – and candy canes may just be the tastiest of them all! Why not whip up a batch that will look sweet on your tree, year after year?
What you need:
- Green, red and clear beads
- pipe cleaner in green, red or white (cut in half)
What you do:
- Decide on a pattern for your candy cane.
- String the beads on your half-pipe cleaner, making a little twist at the bottom so the beads don’t slide off.
- When you’ve run out of room for beads on your pipe cleaner, just make a little twist at the top to keep the beads in place.
- You can use different sized beads, different shades of green or red (maybe try pink!) and different patterns to make your candy canes really unique.
- Gently curve the top of your pipe cleaner into a cane shape.
- Hang your ‘candy’ canes from the tree and admire them!
Parent Club Tip:
- This candy cane craft is a terrific holiday party activity.
- Try tying these candy canes on top of Christmas gifts to add a special touch.