With the warmer weather upon us many families are hitting the beach. This is a great time for kids to learn all about various sea creatures that live in the ocean. This fun and colorful project is easy to make and great way for children to express their creativity through learning and creating.
- 2 ½” Styrofoam balls (1 ball for 2 jellyfish)
- Yellow paint
- Metal or wood ruler
- Pipe cleaners in various bright colors
- White craft glue
- Googly eyes
How to Make It:
- Paint the Styrofoam balls yellow and let them dry.
- Use ruler to cut Styrofoam balls in half.
- Wrap pipe cleaner around a small paintbrush then slide paintbrush out. Stretch out the coil. You can use a larger paintbrush for larger coils.
- Turn ball-half upside down and insert five pipe cleaners into the flat side.
- Use a toothpick to poke a small hole in the center of the top of the ball (round side).
- Fill hole with some glue and use toothpick to push string into the hole for the hanger.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Let everything dry then hang all over your room!