What do annoying phone calls and pumpkin bread pudding have in common?
Did you guess?
Well apparently you need a little more help and if we wait too long you won’t have time to make this yummy recipe for dessert — the answer is that you will find both of them on the blog Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
Well actually you won’t find the annoying callers, but you will read this pithy blogger Kristan (the cookbook queen herself) rant about them along with funny stories and fabulous sugar-packed recipes!
This week we are excited for Kristan to share this tasty treat in time for Thanksgiving. Be sure to visit her blog often…we guarantee you’ll get a fair measure of laughter- and a sugar buzz!
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Topped With a Tasty Caramel Pecan Sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 a 12 oz loaf of french bread, but into 1 inch cubes
Caramel Sauce Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, cream, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Add bread cubes and stir to coat.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease 5 ramekins (this totally depends on size of ramekin but if they’re the kind that I used, you should get 5) and fill with bread mixture. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes, lightly tenting with foil for the last 20 minutes.
During the last 15 minutes or so of baking, prepare your sauce:
- Toast pecans in a skilled over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 3-4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup over medium heat for about 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Once bread puddings are finished baking, remove from oven and top with tons of glaze. Eat!!