Looking for a fun winter treat to make with your kids? Try these Hot Chocolate Pops from Ruthanne over at EasyBaked.net. Stir these chocolate Wilton’s Candy Melts and marshmallow pops into a mug of warm milk and make the best hot cocoa ever! These make great gift s or party favors for winter parties or whip up a batch to enjoy after a day of outdoor winter play!
- Wilton Candy melts – about one 14 oz. bag per 8 pops
- Marshmallows (one for every pop you intend to make!)
- Stir sticks (I found these cute dowels at Michaels)
- Small plastic cups (I used 3 oz. clear plastic cups by Solo)
- Clear plastic bags or wrap and ribbon
- Cute tags– get a PDF for mine at easybaked.net
Making the pops:
- Melt candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between
- until smooth.
- Spoon melted candy into a zip-top bag and seal. Clip a corner off and squeeze about a teaspoon of chocolate into the bottom of each cup. Tap cup against counter to spread chocolate and remove bubbles.
- Place the cups in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes until chocolate is hard.
- Press dowels or stir sticks into marshmallows
- Squeeze about 2 teaspoons of chocolate (I used a contrasting color) into cup and while it is still melted, press marshmallow into cup (this will squeeze the chocolate up along the sides of the cup.) Tap to remove bubbles.
- Top with chocolate until marshmallow is completely covered -or—
- If you are using contrasting chocolates, Refrigerate about 10 minutes until second layer is hard and then add contrasting chocolate over the top, completely covering marshmallow.
- Place cups in fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- To release the pop, clip the top of cup with scissors and tear it down the side.
Serve or gift wrap! Enjoy!!!
To eat pop: Use a BIG mug (20 oz.) and heat up about 10oz. of milk in it. Place pop in hot milk and stir until smooth and creamy!